\ All Things Girl Scouts: Songs - On My Honor

March 16, 2016

Songs - On My Honor

Girl Scout songs are an integral part of being a girl scout.  These are some of my favorites! Please enjoy them.  I grew up in the midwest, so if you are from a different region, you may have slightly different lyrics!  I've included links to YouTube videos, but they are not *my* videos - enjoy them, and let the artists know if you loved them!



On my Honor

Chorus:
On my honor, I will try,
There's a duty to be done and I say aye.
There's a reason here for a reason above,
My honor is to try and my duty is to love.

People don't need to know my name,
If I've done any harm, then I'm to blame,
If I've helped another, then I helped me,
And opened up my eyes to see.

I've tucked away a song or two,
If you're feeling low there's one for you,
If you need a friend, then I will come,
There's plenty more where I come from.

Come and sit where the fire burns bright,
You can see much more by candlelight,
You can find more meaning in a campfire's glow
Than you can find in a year or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!