\ All Things Girl Scouts: Songs - Make New Friends

March 16, 2016

Songs - Make New Friends



Girl Scout songs are an integral part of being a girl scout.  These are some of my favorites! Please enjoy them.  I grew up in the midwest, so if you are from a different region, you may have slightly different lyrics!  I've included links to YouTube videos, but they are not *my* videos - enjoy them, and let the artists know if you loved them!


Make New Friends
Link to YouTube video for Make New Friends


Make new friends,
But keep the old.
One is silver,
And the other, gold.

A circle's round
It has no end
That's how long 
I'm gonna be your friend.


A fire burns bright,
It warms the heart.
We’ve been friends,
From the very start.

You help me,
And I’ll help you
And together
We will see it through.

The sky is blue
The Earth is green
I can help
To keep it clean.

Across the land
Across the sea
Friends forever
We will always be.

*Optional Verse*
A friend like you,
Is hard to find,
Very special,
And one of a kind.

This is a round, but can be sung together as well.  I also tend to use only 3 verses with my younger girls, just because its a lot to remember for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!